Friday, March 19, 2010

Introduction to A Drop in the Bucket

My business career was like a roller coaster. There were many ups and downs, from being President of a large corporation … to losing my job when the company was sold … to buying a troubled plastic bucket company and turning it into a successful, lucrative business.

During all of this and the day-to-day life of raising six children with my wife, Carole, I relied on my beliefs, feelings and judgments to guide me along the way.

I started to accumulate my thoughts and sayings early on in my business career – I always had the notion it was succinct and clever to put some of life’s messages in the form of a saying or phrase.

I never thought about how many phrases I had accumulated, but recently when I started to write them down, I found I had close to 100.

As far as I know, each insight is a product of my own thinking, my own words and my own experiences. In the case where someone gave a thought to me, I have given them the credit.

Bottles and buckets played an important part in my life - thus the name, A Drop in the Bucket. Each of these “Drops” played a significant role in my personal, business, family and social life.

The book is not meant to be read at one sitting; rather, it is a book that you can pick up and read one or several Drops … returning at some later time to read more.

I hope you find “A Drop in the Bucket” useful and that one of these “Drops” will strike a chord and benefit you in some way.

Larry Beighey
LJBeighey@aol.comNovember, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment